Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pizza dough

We have pizza every Sunday evening at our house.  I had been using the basic dough recipe from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day for my pizza dough.  We usually have it in the fridge and it works well enough.  Recently a friend mentioned that the guys at ATK had done a pizza dough recipe.  I decided to give it a whirl, and I quite like it.  I am still getting used to the recipe and at times the dough has come out a bit tough, but I like the flavor and structure.  The recipe makes enough for two pizzas, but you can cut the recipe in half if desired.  When we have folks over for pizza I need to make more than 2 pies, so I double or triple the recipe.  My food processor won't accomodate more than a single recipe so I have to make it multiple times.  I will put together a post on my whole pizza process, but this is a start.

ATK episode video

Pizza recipe

Update:  I was lazy and didn't bother to make the ATK dough recipe, so I used the ABin5 dough that I had in the fridge.  It was not even close to as good.  I am now a bigger fan of the ATK dough.  The ABin5 folks do have a pizza book which I plan to check out and will post about in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment